Visiting Junior Scholar Fellowship
The France-Stanford Center Visiting Junior Scholar Fellowship is open to scholars who have completed a PhD or equivalent (a degree requiring three or more years of graduate training) no more than seven years from the date of applying for the fellowship and who hold either a tenure-track/permanent position, a lecturer/researcher position or a postdoctoral position. These may be Stanford-based scholars interested in pursuing a research project at an educational or research institution in France or another francophone country or scholars based at an educational or research institution in France or another francophone country who are interested in pursuing a research project at Stanford.
Applications for 2024-25 are now open. Deadline: March 1, 2024
The France-Stanford Center for Interdisciplinary Studies invites proposals for junior scholar fellowship research projects to be held during academic year 2024-25 (September 1, 2024 through August 31, 2025).
- Eligibility: Scholars who have completed a Ph.D. or equivalent (a degree requiring three or more years of graduate training) no more than seven years from the date of applying to the fellowship, postdocs and lecturers.
- Budget: Visits will be funded up to $10,000 USD.
- Duration: Two to four months.
- Expenses: The grant may be used for travel, lodging, and living costs. The grant may not be used for purchasing equipment, supplies or software, tuition fees, conference registration fees, salary payments nor publishing fees.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted using Slideroom. The following documents must be included in the application (PDF format):
- Letter to the France-Stanford Center Director
- Recommendation letter
- Letter from official sponsor
- Applicant’s resume
Please contact francestanford [at] stanford.edu (francestanford[at]stanford[dot]edu)