Visiting Junior Scholar Fellowship
The France-Stanford Center Visiting Junior Scholar Fellowship is open to scholars who have completed a Ph.D. no more than three years from the date of applying for the fellowship and who hold a tenure-track/permanent position or a postdoctoral position. These may be Stanford-based scholars seeking a research visit at a French institution or scholars based in a French institution seeking a research visit at Stanford.
The France-Stanford Center for Interdisciplinary Studies invites proposals for junior scholar fellowship research projects to be held during academic year 2019-2020 (September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020).
- Eligibility: Scholars affiliated with Stanford University or a French Institution and who have completed a Ph.D. no more than three years from the date of applying to the fellowship and postdoctoral students.
- Budget: Visits will be funded up to $7,000 (USD).
- Duration: Two to four months.
- Expenses: The grant may be used for travel, lodging, and living costs. The grant may not be used for purchasing equipment, supplies or software, tuition fees, conference registration fees, salary payments nor publishing fees.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted using Slideroom. The following documents must be included in the application (PDF format):
- Letter to the France-Stanford Center Director
- Recommendation letter
- Letter from official sponsor
- Applicant’s resume
- Financial annex