Roxane Debuisson Collection Fellowship
The France-Stanford Center for Interdisciplinary Studies and the Stanford Libraries are pleased to announce the new joint Roxane Debuisson Collection Fellowship. The annual fellowship to be held during academic year 2022-23 (September 1, 2022 through August 31, 2023) will provide funding to a Stanford graduate student to improve access and knowledge about the Roxane Debuisson Collection on Paris History.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
About the collection
Apply on Slideroom
- Eligibility: The fellowship is open to Stanford graduate students. The collection’s content should appeal to graduate students in a range of disciplines – history, literature, art history, architecture and photography, urban studies and geography, economic and commercial history. Students with an interest in digital and spatial humanities are especially encouraged to apply. Reading knowledge of French is required.
- Funding: Fellowship will be funded up to $4,700.
- Project duration: one or two academic terms (winter and/or spring), 8 hours/week.
Possible Research Projects
- Identification of photographs and other image materials.
- Selection and preparation of materials for digitization.
- Creation of content listings and metadata.
- Research and writing of captions for possible exhibits of materials.
- Creation of datasets based on descriptive metadata.
- Deep dives into the social, cultural, and commercial history of a specific neighborhood, institution, or profession.
- Creation of digital editions of manuscript materials in the collection.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted using Slideroom. The following documents must be included in the application (PDF format):
- Statement outlining how the experience of archival work in the Debuisson Collection will advance the applicant's training as a scholar and researcher (1-2 pages).
- Recommendation letter.
- Applicant’s resume.
Questions can be directed to ssussman [at] stanford.edu (Sarah Sussman), Curator, French and Italian collections, jriskin [at] stanford.edu (Jessica Riskin), France-Stanford Center’s Director or francestanford [at] stanford.edu (Isabelle Collignon), France-Stanford Center’s Program Manager.