The France-Stanford Center seeks to fund conferences and workshops, to be held at Stanford or at any French research institution. Conferences should address significant issues of common interest to scholars from France and Stanford. The topics proposed may be either historical or contemporary in their temporal focus and relevant to the two societies.
Applications are now closed
The France-Stanford Center for Interdisciplinary Studies invites proposals for scholarly conferences or workshops to be held during academic year 2021-2022 (September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2022).
- Budget: The amount of funding will depend on the size and scope of the conference or workshop proposed.
- Duration: The duration will depend on the format of the conference or workshop.
- Expenses: The grant may be used for travel, lodging, and meals. The grant may not be used for purchasing equipment, conference registration fees, salary payments nor publishing fees.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted in Slideroom. The following documents must be included in PDF format:
- Non-technical summary of the conference or workshop
- Conference/workshop proposal
- Compliance with ethical and environmental norms statement
- Biographical resumes
- Letter of intent
- Financial annex